Veggie Beauty’s Cruelty-Free Form Letter
Here’s a good form letter I use basically every time I contact a company about their cruelty-free status (UPDATE 6-14-12 to include the testing in China issue is prevelant in current animal testing research; also included some more detailed questions inquiring about vegan products.):
To Whomever it May Concern:
I am doing research on animal testing, and I need to verify a few key points about your company.
1. Does your company test ingredients or finished products on animals?
2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party?
3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals?
4. Are you owned or affliliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?
5. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country?
6. Do you use palm oil/carnuaba wax in any of your products? If so, is it from an organic and sustainable source?
7. Could you provide a list of all of your current vegan items available for purchase?
Thank you so much for the information.
If you receive an answer from a company and want to share the info on this site, you can contact me me at: email@example.com. If you wish to be credited on the website for the info, let me know!